Easton's First Birthday Party!

Are you ready for birthday explosion? Tons of pictures, lots to share! Let's jump right in!

We've been calling Easton Baby Bear or Bear since the very beginning. Like since he was in the womb beginning. He has a disposition of a baby bear, he is large like a baby bear, he even growls like a baby bear :) It just fits him. So for his first birthday (which I started planning way too far in advance by the way) I knew I wanted to go with a bear/woodsy theme.

It started with the invitations which I found on Etsy from Confetti Colored Day. Erika, the shop owner, worked with me to get the colors just right. Then I printed them, cut them and mailed them out!

Sorry internet stalkers, I had to crop the address out :)

It was a beautiful (if a bit chilly) Spring day but considering it had been thunder-storming/tornado warnings just the day before, I wasn't complaining a bit! 

I got a Silhouette Portrait for Christmas (thanks again Jane!!), which is a cutting machine, so I went a bit crazy on the crafts. DIY all the things. 

 Favor/gift table

Easton Turns 1! Thank you for bee-ing here!

My favorite thing to decorate was the dessert table.







 













My Aunt made sure to give Easton the grand tour :)




Not long after we got everything set up, the guests started to arrive!


















 My baby cousin and her new husband drove in all the way from Chattanooga! I was so excited they were there!

Like I said it was a bit chilly, so we had to throw this little cardigan on over Easton's romper. Next year, I'll make sure to sew him some longalls instead ;)




Super social Easton was happy to be passed around the whole party. The kid was a champ!













We had Martin's BBQ for lunch and it was a hit! I'm so glad I didn't try to make all the food! 


This picture was taken before the party but this little beer bucket didn't make it into the photos since it was at the end of the table. 

 







On to the main event. The cake smash!


I made the birthday banner with my Silhouette and baked the cake to look like a little tree stump. It too was surprisingly easy to do. Just bake it, ice it and then drag a fork up the sides.



I also made the high chair bunting using fabric scraps, and cut the circle and the "1" on my Silhouette. The thing can do anything I tell you!



























Nice work kid!


 Time for cleanup!







 And a new jon jon!



Since the weather was so nice, we didn't spend much time inside the clubhouse, but there were a couple decorations in there. Unfortunately, the lighting in there was atrocious, which it made it hard to photograph. 



Engineering prints from Staples

Our Gymboree friends!

I made over our corn hole boards to fit in with the theme. They were super easy to do and I covered them for less than $6! My secret? Contact paper. 

I used my Silhouette to cut the decal and sewed together some coordinating corn hole bags.

They won't last all season, but definitely a day or two! 

Funny part was, the corn hole boards were the biggest hit with the babies! 










We were so grateful my family traveled so far to join us on Easton's special day. Thanks again Uncle Pat, Aunt Jere, Ben and Natalie! We loved having y'all there!










Easton loved Natalie's beautiful necklace!














I'm so glad that we hired my mom's friend Shelley to take pictures. I love the way they turned out and it freed me up to be able to mingle and enjoy the party! Best money spent!

Extra big thanks to this special guy!! He was so patient, helpful and supportive through this whole birthday planning process!


That's a wrap folks!  Until next year!

Love y'all!

----

Source List:

Invitations: Confetti Colored Day
Catering: Martin's BBQ
Fonts used throughout: KG Somebody that I used to KnowSunshine in my Soul & Woodbadge
Washi tape: Scotch Expressions Buffalo Plaid
Plaid fabrics: Joann Fabrics
Contact paper (for decals/Corn Hole): Wood GrainBlackWhite
Favor Supplies: Adhesive Kraft PaperFavor JarsHoney Dippers
Cake Stands: World Market

Comments

  1. Everything was so perfect! I can't get over everything you made with the silhouette! Do you also use a pen to do all the printing before cutting? Like for the flag bunting and the food labels? The cornhole boards and favors are AMAZING - so clever! And the tree stump cake. Seriously, way to go. Everything is pinterest worthy. :)
    Love the picture of Easton standing up in his shortall so you can see his legs, and the smooshed up face with cake all over it. Looks like it was a really good party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! this is seriously the cutest thing I have seen in a long time! what a cute party and a cute baby :) hope you are doing well!
    xx
    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a unique and lavish birthday bash. Throwing a surprise birthday party for my best friend will be a great idea to make her feel special. Liking the Venues in NYC we saw online the other day. My sister also suggested me to go for them without giving a second thought. Packages are nominal and catering services seen are also of great quality.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts