Sweet Treats

Hello all!

This is my first post from my phone so I apologize for any spelling/grammatical errors in advance! Branch and I are currently driving to Nashville for the Titan's game and there's not much else for me to do while we're in the car for four hours :)

Branch and I are very excited to be living near a Costco again - in Memphis we were 30 minutes from the nearest one so we canceled our membership. Now we're able to make quick trips 1-2 times a week.

On a recent trip we purchased a 24 pack of yogurt but I didn't realize was close to its expiration date. I didn't want to waste a bunch of yogurt but I also didn't want to be eating 4 packs of the stuff every day! So I decided to turn it into a healthy frozen treat!

We purchased some additional packs of fresh fruit, and after rinsing well, dunked the fruit in the yogurt before putting it on a foil lined cookie sheet and putting it in the freezer overnight. The result: deliciousness!

Couple of tips: Make sure to cut the larger pieces of fruit into bite size pieces. Biting into a chunk of frozen strawberry can be a little uncomfortable on sensitive front teeth. I'd also recommend using greek yogurt - we used regular yogurt because that's what we needed to freeze but I think thicker yogurt would stick to the fruit better. Finally, you can either dunk the fruit in one at a time on a skewer, or (as I eventually did) dump the yogurt and fruit in a bowl, coat the fruit and then scoop out with a spoon- the process goes much faster!

We ended up making 2 gallon-size freezer bags full of the stuff. We'll either eat them as dessert or pop some in our morning smoothies. Yum!

Hope y'all enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts