Snorkeling in Grand Turk

Our last excursion day was spent on the beautiful island of Grand Turk, in Turks and Caicos. 


The water was the prettiest shade of turquoise I've ever seen. It was so clear, too!



I mean, come on! How beautiful is this!?




We knew we wanted to snorkel in Grand Turk so we splurged on an excursion that we booked through the cruise. Normally, we like to do our own thing: rent a car, find a tour off the boat, grab a taxi, etc but I wanted to be guaranteed a good snorkeling experience and the only way to do that was by booking through the cruise because the excursions are reviewed online.


One of the drawbacks of excursions booked through the cruise is all the waiting. We were lucky to get expedited disembarkation from the boat, but then you have to wait for all the other members of the excursion to get off the boat. Then, you get in one line for checking tickets, and then there's another line to get onto the snorkeling boat. It was by no means a big deal, but it was just more time than I wanted to be spending waiting. I wanted to maximize our limited time on the island!

Snorkle selfie!

The crew for the excursion was wonderful! There were two guides and a captain of the "ship" who made sure we had all the equipment we needed. 


Before we left, I made sure to buy a waterproof case for my phone so we could take pictures underwater. It worked better than I expected!



The reefs were full of different fish! There was even a shark that our tour guide fed - I headed back to the boat for that part!



The water was a little chillier than I expected it to be but it only took a minute or two to adjust to it. 

My failed attempt at waving to the camera...looks more like I'm pushing Branch away!




After our excursion, we asked our guides where we could find a good place to grab a bite to eat. They directed us to a local spot called Jack's Shack.


The view was great, the food was cheap and the drinks were cold! What more can you ask for??



And just like that, our trip began to come to an end! We had another day at sea which was spent reading, napping and watching NCAA basketball games since March Madness had just started. We tried to make the most of our last day sans baby, but to be honest, this mama was so ready to get home and see her boy!


We arrived in Port Canaveral early in the morning. Can you tell how excited I was to be home? I was up to watch the sunset!


We had such an amazing time and both feel so lucky to have gotten a chance to get away just the two of us! Up next I'll be sharing what Easton was up to the whole time we were gone and then another update on the yard - big changes have been happening around here!

Love y'all! 

Comments

  1. That water looks gorgeous! Such a bright, pretty shade of blue!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts